Gangani, the grand canyon of West Bengal is situated at Garhbeta. This place is present in the bank of river Silabati. It is known for it's awesome natural beauty.
This place is about 4 hours(around 180 km) from Kolkata, situated in Paschim Medinipur district, Garhbeta block. From Garhbeta it's distance is about 1 km.
How to reach:-
Garhbeta is well connected with roads and train line -
By bus :-
Garhbeta is connected with direct bus from Mednipur, Bankura, Khatra, Ghatal. There are some buses which connect with Howrah, Kolkata .
By train :-
- Trains are available from Kolkata(Howrah) to Garhbeta. It will take around 3 hours. Form railway station distance of Gangani is around 2 km.Form railway station, autos are available for Gangani . They can take around 5-10 mins.
By car :-
If you want more comfortable journey , you can hire car or drive your own car. It will take around 4-5 hours of time from Kolkata. Please refer below google map direction for details direction.
Best time to visit:
You can visit anytime but try to avoid summers(April to June). Best time will be winters(November to February)
Places for sightseeing :
1) Canyon on the bank of river Silaboti
2) Forest of cashew nut
3) Forest of sal
4) Kali temple
Available activities :
1) You can take a fresh bath in river Silaboti.
2) Relax and enjoy the peaceful nature.
3) Take a walk along the road surrounding the rive.
4) You can visit nearby Sarbamangala kali temple(famous and old).
Trip Duration :
It will take 1-2 days to explore this place.
Trip preparation :
Travel essentials for this trip -
Torch & Batteries
Warm Clothes (for winter)
Content compiled by Xplore Destinations Team