If you're planning for a weekend destination from Kolkata to break your monotonous routine and refresh your soul with the flavor of #religious, #sacred, #nature or #rural atmosphere with pocket-friendly budget -
How to reach:
"Joyrambati can be reached from different directions such as  From Howrah by train up to Arambagh or Goghat Railway station and then by bus or car  From Kharagpur by bus via Kamarpukur  From Bishnupur by bus via Kotulpur or via Bakadah. One can also come by road directly from Kolkata-Arambagh-Joyrambati. Buses are available from Esplanade to Bishnupur via Joyrambati in its route." - Source: Wikipedia
Places to Explore:
Inside Sri Sri Matri Mandir:
- Magnificent temple of Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi which has been built exactly on the spot where the Holy Mother was born and it was here that her father Ramchandra Mukhopadhyaya had his original dwelling-house. The Holy Mother’s marriage also took place in this very house and her parents lived there till she reached the ninth year of her age.
- The white marble statue of the Holy Mother which was installed in the temple on 8th April 1954.
- A spacious Prayer Hall which was added as an annexe to this temple is just a place to soothe your soul.
- Temple of the family deity of Sri Sri Maa.
Outside Sri Sri Matri Mandir:
Ramakrishna Yogashrama, Koalpara: A sub-centre of Sri Sri Matri Mandir, Joyrambati:
Detail Link: http://rkmjoyrambati.org/tourism/index.html
"The village hosts another temple of Vivekananda monks and the orphanage school for boys that the monks operate. The school hosts around 250 boys, providing them with an education through junior high. There is a temple called "Naranarayan Temple" where a child of below 5 years of age is worshipped as "God Narayan" at 10:00 A.M daily." - Source: Wikipedia
This temple is very famous with local folks and situated very near to Sri Sri Matri Mandir which you can go by walk (5 mins approximately) only. Local people generally take the famous "soil" kept in this temple which they believe to have divine power.
Accommodation & fooding:
It’s better if you can avail these two from Sri Sri Matri Mandir only. To book accommodation earlier and knowing food details you can contact them in below ways.
Telephone : +91 3244 244 214 / 910 / 911
Otherwise you can book local hotel and explore local restaurant food too.
Available Internal Transportation Options:
- Rented Car
- Try Pallimangal center of Math where u can find good quality ghee and other village products.
- Try to attend Mangalarati @Math at evening time which creates an awesome calm and meditative environment.
- Before planning to visit, please note the Temple Hours below.
April to September :
Morning 5:30am - 11:30am & Evening 4:00pm - 8:30pm
October to March :
Morning 6:00am - 11:30am & Evening 3:30pm - 8:00pm
- Don’t take photo inside Sri Sri Matri Mandir.
- Don’t use mobile phone in Math premises.
- Don’t talk loudly inside Math premises.