If you're planning for a weekend destination from Kolkata to break your monotonous routine and refresh your soul with the flavor of #religious, #sacred, #nature or #rural atmosphere with pocket-friendly budget -
How to reach:
Places to Explore:
Explore Destinations inside Ramakrishna Math:
- Magnificent temple of Sri Ramakrishna built at the exact place where He was born.
- Ancestral house( thatched Bishnupur style ) of Sri Ramakrishna.
- Sri Ramakrishna’s living room (thatched Bishnupur style ).
- Temple of Sri Raghuvir , the family deity of Sri Ramakrishna.
Explore Destinations outside Ramakrishna Math:
- Yogi's Shiva temple & Gopeswar's Shiva temple with specimen of teracota art.
- Haldar pukur.
- House of the Laha's.
- Primary school of the Laha’s.
- Sitanath Pyne’s house where the Master usedto go in trance during the yatra performance.
- Birth place of Dhani Kamarani, the nurse who nurtured Master in His infant days.
- Budhui Moral & Bhutir Khal, the cremation grounds where SriRamakrishna carried out intense spiritual "Sadhanas" or austerities.
- Ancestral land or Chinu Sankhari.
Accommodation & fooding:
Otherwise you can book hotel and explore local restaurant food too. Near R.K. Math you can check Relax Lodge Hotel and Dutta Lodge.
Available Internal Transportation Options:
- Rented Car
- Try Sada Bonde (White Bonde) and Jhilapi here as Kamarpukur is famous for this.
- Try Pallimangal center of Math where u can find good quality ghee and other village products.
- Try to attend Mangalarati @Natmandir@Math at evening time which creates an awesome calm and meditative environment.
- Don’t take photo inside RK Math.
- Don’t use mobile phone in math premises.
- Don’t talk loudly inside Ramakrishna Math premises